CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tidbits...

I was walking down the sidewalk today near the building I work when I passed by a man. As I got closer he got more excited and began to figit and smile nervously. I knew what was coming next as I had heard it so many times before. Here it comes... here it comes..."do you have some change?", he asked. I was put out as I always am. I reached in my pocket as I usually do and found a dollar. I handed him this dollar and he said the only thing he could say. It was something he had always said. It was part of him. "God bless you", he said. All at once something occured to me. It wasn't from where in this man this was coming from. It really didnt matter how this message got to me. What mattered was where it hit me. How did a simple message like "God Bless You" hit me? Thats all that really matters. Too often we are so worried about the people delivering the message that the focus is off of ourselves and the message.

0 comments: